Ulysses S. Grant's life has typically been misunderstood. He is often caricatured as a chronic loser and an inept businessman, or as the triumphant but brutal Union general of the Civil War. But these stereotypes don't capture the general and president whose fortunes rose and fell with diz...
New York :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: The Sphinx talks
- Part one, A life of struggle: Country bumpkin ; The darling young lieutenant ; Rough and ready ; The son of temperance ; Payday
- Part two, A life of war: The store clerk ; The quiet man ; Twin forts ; Dynamo ; A glittering lie ; Exodus ; Man of iron ; Citadel ; Deliverance ; Above the clouds ; Idol of the hour ; Ulysses the Silent ; Raging storm ; Heavens hung in black ; Caldron of hell ; Chew & choke ; Her satanic majesty ; Dirty boots ; A singular, indescribable vessel
- Part three, A life of peace: Soldierly good faith ; Swing around the circle ; Volcanic passion ; Trading places ; Spoils of war ; We are all Americans ; Sin against humanity ; The darkest blot ; A dance of blood ; Vindication ; A butchery of citizens ; The bravest battle ; Let no guilty man escape ; Saddest of the falls ; Redeemers
- Part four, A life of reflection: The wanderer ; Master spirit ; A miserable dirty reptile ; Taps.