Patton, Montgomery, Rommel : masters of war /
"In 'Patton, Montgomery, Rommel', one of Britain's most accomplished military scholars presents an unprecedented study of the land war in the North African and European theaters, as well as their chief commanders--three men who also happened to be the most compelling dramatis per...
New York :
|Edition:||1st U.S. ed.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Prologue: The Ego at War
- Part 1.
- 1. Introductions: Three Portraits
- 2. First Blood
- 3. How to Fight in Armor
- 4. Rommel's Blitzkrieg
- Part One Appendix Original Rommel: 7th Panzer Division Invasion Narrative
- Part 2.
- 5. Conquests of the Deutsches Afrika Korps
- 6. Hounding Rommel: Monty and Patton Close In
- 7. Operations Lightfoot and Torch
- 8. Fractures in the Anglo-American Alliance
- 9. Patton's Race to Messina
- 10. Monty's Crawl to Salerno
- 11. The Battering Ram and the Atlantic Wall
- Part Two Appendix Original Patton: The Invasion Speech to the Third Army
- Part 3.
- 12. The Master Plan and the Grossinvasion
- 13. The Caen Controversy
- 14. Patton's Blitzkrieg and the "Montgomery Thrust"
- 15. The Rommel Murder
- 16. Bulging Ambitions: Patton and Monty "Win" the War
- 17. What to Do with Nazis and Communists
- Part Three Appendix Original Monty: Memoirs at War
- Epilogue: The Will to Fight
- Acknowledgments and Sources
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.