Super-history : comic book superheroes and American society, 1938 to the present /
"As a form of popular literature, superhero narratives have closely mirrored and molded social trends and changes, influencing and reflecting political, social, and cultural events. This study provides a decade by decade chronicle of American history from 1938 to 2010 through the lens of superh...
|Published:||Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., Publishers, 2012.|
|Online Access:||Connect to eBook (Available to people from CARLI member institutions.)|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- We need a hero: New Deal social avengers and vigilantes (1938-1940)
- World War II and super-patriots (1941-1945)
- The nuclear era (1945-1989)
- The postwar 1940s and 1950s: supernormal (1946-1959)
- Counterculture heroes (1960-1969)
- The American malaise (1970-1979)
- Super-conservatives and neo-cowboys (1980-1989)
- Searching for a new direction (1990-1999)
- Decade of fear (2000-2009).