Evangelical theologies of liberation and justice
For many evangelicals, liberation theology seems a distant notion. Some might think it is antithetical to evangelicalism, while others simply may be unfamiliar with the role evangelicals have played in the development of liberation theologies and their profound effect on Latin American, African Amer...
|Published:||Downers Grove : IVP Academic, 2019.|
|Online Access:||https://jkmlibrary.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&scope=site&db=nlebk&db=nlabk&AN=2205476 Access restricted to individuals currently affiliated with the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago and McCormick Theological Seminary|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction / Mae Elise Cannon and Andrea Smith
- Part One: Liberation methodologies.
- Centered versus bounded : moving beyond divide and conquer strategies for liberation / Paul Louis Metzger
- Evangelical theologies of liberation / Soong-Chan Rah
- Is it time for a womanist theology of reconciliation? / Chanequa Walker-Barnes
- Part Two: Engagement with liberation theology movements
- Toward a perspective of "brown theology" / Robert Chao Romero
- Justicia familiar : misión integral in the United States / Alexia Salvatierra
- Part Three: Rethinking sin.
- Born-again theology of liberation / Andrea Smith
- Groaning creation: animal liberation and Evangelical theology / Sarah Withrow King
- Holy and acceptable : liberation from Evangelical fate shame / J. Nicole Morgan
- Liberation: self and community in relationship / Terry LeBlanc, Jeanine LeBlanc
- Part 4: Theological resources from the margins.
- Lean in to liberating love : the birth of Evangelical theology of liberation at Gordon-Conwell's Center for Urban Ministerial Education / Peter Goodwin Heltzel, Pablo A. Jiménez,Emmett G. Price III
- Toward an Indian liberation theology for the Shudra and Dalit / Rajkumar Boaz Johnson
- Strange freedom : liberation for the sake of others / Mae Elise Cannon
- Part 5: Rethinking our Evangelical heritage.
- Liberating Barabbas : and the things that make for peace / Drew G. I. Hart
- Jubilee, Pentecost, and liberation : the preferential option of the poor on the apostolic way / Amos Yong
- Sacramental theology / Dominique DuBois Gilliard.