The literary growth of the Song of Songs during the Hasmonean and Early-Herodian periods /
The author presents a reedition of the 'Qumran Canticles scrolls', demonstrating that turn-of-the-era 4QCanta,b contain variant recensions of Canticles, substantively shorter than the Masoretic text. Many textual variants display earlier and more original readings, suggesting that Canticle...
|Series:||Contributions to biblical exegesis and theology ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- A new edition of the Canticles scrolls
- No small difference
- The Canticles scrolls and the early textual tradition
- Late linguistic and cultural features
- Toponyms, the beloved land and the Hasmonean state
- The geographic and cultural setting of Canticles
- Solomon and the Songs
- Canticles as a symbolic text
- The literary growth of Canticles : an outline
- Early reception history
- Small-sized scrolls of Lamentations, Ruth, and Caqnticles