Algorithms of oppression : how search engines reinforce racism /
"In Algorithms of Oppression, Safiya Umoja Noble challenges the idea that search engines like Google offer an equal playing field for all forms of ideas, identities, and activities. Data discrimination is a real social problem. Noble argues that the combination of private interests in promoting...
New York :
New York University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction : The power of algorithms
- A society, searching
- Searching for Black girls
- Searching for people and communities
- Searching for protections from search engines
- The future of knowledge in the public
- The future of information culture
- Conclusion : Algorithms of oppression