Reformist voices of Islam mediating Islam and modernity /
Islamic radicalism has commanded attention in recent years, to the neglect of more moderate voices and trends. This volume introduces the current generation of reformist thinkers and activists and the intellectual traditions they carry on. Regionally focused chapters cover Iran, the Arab East, the M...
Armonk, N.Y. :
|Series:||ebrary Academic religion & philosophy
Academic complete, religion & philosophy
|Online Access:||http://site.ebrary.com/lib/jkmlibrary/detail.action?docID=10292183 Access restricted to individuals currently affiliated with the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago and McCormick Theological Seminary|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Islamic reformist discourse in Iran: proponents and prospects / Shireen T. Hunter
- - Reformist and moderate voices of Islam in the Arab East / Hassan Hanafi
- - Reformist Islamic thinkers in the Maghreb: toward an Islamic age of enlightenment? / Yahia H. Zoubir
- - Islamic modernist and reformist discourse in South Asia / Martin van Bruinessen
- - Reformist Muslim thinkers in Malaysia: engaging with power to uplight the Umma? / Farish A. Noor
- - Islamic reformist discourse and intellectuals in Turkey: permanent religion with dynamic law / Recep Șentürk
- - Reformist and moderate voices in European Islam / Farhad Khosrokhavar
- - Voices of reformist Islam in the United States / Tamara Sonn.