A sacred kingdom : bishops and the rise of Frankish kingship, 300-850 /
|Published:||Washington, D.C. : Catholic University of America Press, ©2011.|
|Series:||Studies in medieval and early modern canon law ;
|Online Access:||http://ezproxy.prin.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&scope=site&db=nlebk&AN=500862 |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Governing the people of God
- The spirit of the Gallican councils
- Bishops and the "nations"
- The dignity of power
- Occupation of the center
- Missionary war and reform of kingship
- Heresy and consensus
- A kingdom of the faithful
- The end of unity: the abomination of desolation
- Conclusion: yoking the bull.