Mars Hill audio journal 140 : July/August 2017.
|Format:||Spoken Word Recording Audio CD|
|Published:||Charlottesville, Virginia. : Mars Hill Audio, 2018.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Disc 1.
- On the history of the "talking book," and on how reading aloud differs from listening to it being read / Matthew Rubery
- On the "post-human" aspirations of the transhumanist movement, and how its plausibility is established by stories / James A. Herrick
- On lessons that universities should heed from Wendell Berry's essays, poetry, and fiction about commitment to living in a place / Jack Baker and Jeffrey Bilbro
- Disc 2.
- On the influence of business methods on 20th-century evangelicalism through the shaping of Moody Bible Institute / Timothy Gloege
- On how the sons and daughters of mid-20th-century missionaries to Asia came back to the U.S. and influenced government, journalism, and the academy / David Hollinger
- On the themes of the challenge of faithfulness as presented in Shusaku Endo's Silence and in Martin Scorsese's film version / Barrett Fisher.