|Published:||New York : Greenhaven Publishing, |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Are countries improved by globalization? Overview: The complexities of globalization have nuanced effects / Lumen Learning ; Globalization spreads freedom and Democracy / Daniel Griswold ; Trade raises incomes, stimulates economic growth, and encourages good government / Wold Trade Organization ; Increased offshoring has damaged the US economy / Alex Lach ; Industrial pollution has dangerously lowered air quality worldwide / Hugh Roberts
- Are multinational corporations unethical? Overview: Corporate interests have displaced public and governmental authority / Share the World's Resources ; Multinational corporations create dependency in their host countries / Dan-Jumbo Comfort T. and Akpan Ekom Etim ; The human and environmental costs of multinational corporations / Jade Vasquez ; Multinational corporations standards of living in developing countries / James C. W. Ahiakpor ; Low wages in developing countries are due to low productivity, not exploitation / Art Carden ; Sweatshops provide essential economic opportunities for developing countries / Annabelle Wong
- Does cultural globalization positively impact communities? Overview: Free trade enables a greater intermingling of cultures / Radley Balko ; Culture is dynamic and borrows from other cultures to its benefit / Stephan Magu ; Cultural exchange does not mean a nation's loss of identity / Abderrahman Hassi and Giovanna Storti ; The global spread of new media technologies threatens indigenous cultures / Vineet Kaul ; Exposure to global social media networks can change traditional local cultures / Sean D. Young, Abbas Shakiba, Justin Kwok, and Mohammad Sadegh Montazeri
- Does economic globalization contribute to poverty? Overview: Globalization's rise has been accompanied by changes in inequality and poverty / Baylee Molloy ; Free trade does not increase wealth and prosperity equally / Anthony Amoah ; Globalization is a factor in increasing inequality / Nikil Savil ; Globalization has reduced poverty around the world / Jan Cienski ; With proper steps, the poor can benefit from globalization / Matt Nesvisky ; Free trade fosters economic development in poor countries / Daniella Markheim
- Organizations to contact.