Initial shield woodland NC54.
Summarizes the environment, settlements, economy, sociopolitical organization, and religion and expressive culture of the Initial Shield Woodland tradition, also known as the Laurel culture or tradition. Includes abstracts and full text of nine documents about Initial Shield Woodland archaeological...
|Format:||Textual Material Electronic|
|Published:||New Haven, Conn. : Human Relations Area Files, 2002-|
|Series:||eHRAF archaeology. North America
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- The archaeology of Summer Island / David S. Brose
- The Wabinosh River site and the Laurel tradition in northwestern Ontario / K.C.A. Dawson
- The Naomikong Point site and the dimensions of Laurel in the Lake Superior region / Donald E. Janzen
- The vertebrate fauna from Pike Bay Mound, Smith Mound 4, and McKinstry Mound / Paul W. Lukens, Jr.
- Tradition summary: Initial Shield Woodland / Ronald Mason and Sarah Berry
- Rock Island and the Laurel cultural frontier in northern Lake Michigan / Ronald J. Mason
- Laurel / C.S. Reid, Grace Rajnovich
- The Laurel culture in Minnesota / James B. Stoltman
- Nonceramic artifacts from Laurel culture sites excavated prior to 1961 / David L. Webster
- The Laurel tradition and the Middle Woodland period / J.V. Wright.