Receiving Erin's children : Philadelphia, Liverpool, and the Irish famine migration, 1845-1855 /
|Published:||Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, c2000.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1. Immigrants and Hosts
- 2. Migration and Reception
- 3. Poverty, Philanthropy, and Poor Relief
- 4. Hospitals, Cholera, and Medical Care
- 5. Environmental Reform
- 6. Sectarian Conflicts: Churches and Schools
- 7. Street Violence and the Pursuit of Public Order
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.