1912 : Wilson, Roosevelt, Taft & Debs-- the election that changed the country /
Publisher's description: Four extraordinary men sought the presidency in 1912. Theodore Roosevelt was the charismatic and still wildly popular former president who sought to redirect the Republican Party toward a more nationalistic, less materialistic brand of conservatism and the cause of soci...
|Published:||New York : Simon & Schuster, c2004.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Prologue: The Defining Moment
- Part 1. America's Destiny
- 1. "Back from Elba"
- 2. "The Ruthlessness of the Pure in Heart"
- 3. The Heirs of Hamilton and Jefferson
- 4. The Debs Rebellion
- Part 2. Chicago and Baltimore
- 5. "Stripped to the Buff"
- 6. "A Rope of Sand"
- 7. Standing at Armageddon
- 8. The Fullness of Time
- 9. Baltimore
- 10. The Indispensable Man
- 11. To Make a Revolution: Debs and Haywood
- Part 3. The Contenders
- 12. The New Freedom vs. the New Nationalism
- 13. The Crusader
- 14. The Moralist
- 15. The Authentic Conservative and the Red Prophet
- 16. "To Kill a Bull Moose"
- Part 4. The Consequences of Victory
- 17. The Ironies of Fate
- 18. Endgames
- Epilogue: The Inheritors
- Bibliographical Note
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.