Woody on rye : Jewishness in the films and plays of Woody Allen /
A critical assessment of Jewishness in Woody Allen's films and plays.
|Published:||Waltham, Massachusetts : Brandeis University Press, |
|Series:||Brandeis series in American Jewish history, culture, and life.
|Online Access:||Project MUSE - Full text online |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / Vincent Brook and Marat Grinberg
- The Gospel According to Woody: From Annie Hall through To Rome with Love / Vincent Brook
- Comparative Analysis
- The Birth of a Hebrew Tragedy: Cassandra's Dream as a Morality Play in the Context of Crimes and Misdemeanors and Match Point / Marat Grinberg
- A Jew Leaves New York: Woody Allen's Gloomy British Angst / Curtis Maloley
- Schlemiel Theory
- Woody Allen's Schlemiel: From Humble Beginnings to Abrupt End / Menachem Feuer
- "Woody the Gentile": Christian-Jewish Interplay in Allen's Films from What's New Pussycat? to Midnight in Paris / Joshua Louis Moss
- "Now You See Him, Now You Don't": Woody Allen's Vanishing Act in Scoop / Peter J. Bailey
- Women's Issues
- Woody's Women: Jewish Domesticity and the Unredeemed Ghost of Hanukkah to Come / Giovanna P. Del Negro
- Reconstructing Woody: Representations of Religious Jewish Women in Deconstructing Harry / Shaina Hammerman
- "Toot, Toot, Tootsie! (Goodbye)": Disposable Women in the Films of Woody Allen / Elliot Shapiro
- Cultural Studies
- Digesting Woody: Food and Foodways in the Movies of Woody Allen / Nathan Abrams
- Schlemiel on Broadway: Woody Allen's Jewish Identity in His Stage Plays from Don't Drink the Water to Honeymoon Motel / James Fisher
- Woody Allen: Filmography
- Woody Allen: Play List
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.