Murder, the media, and the politics of public feelings : remembering Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. /
|Published:||Bloomington : Indiana University Press, c2011.|
|Online Access:||HathiTrust Digital Library |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Media, Emotion, and the Public Sphere
- 1. Mourning Matthew Shepard: Grief, Shame, and the Public Sphere
- 2. "Hate Is Not a Laramie Value": Translating Feelings into Law
- 3. The Murder of James Byrd Jr.: The Political Pedagogy of Melodrama
- 4. The Visibility of Suffering, Injustice, and the Law
- Conclusion: Feeling in the Public Sphere
- Appendix: Text and Interview Selection
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.