American perspectives; the national self-image in the twentieth century.
|Published:||Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1961.|
|Series:||Library of Congress series in American civilization
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- History and the American past / Ralph H. Gabriel
- Pragmatism and the scope of science / Morton White
- Literature and the critics / Robert E. Spiller
- Music and the musicians / Edward N. Waters
- Painting and sculpture / Lloyd Goodrich
- The social scientists / Thomas C. Cochran
- The public image of American economic institutions / Kenneth E. Boulding
- The public image: politics / John M. Blum
- The discovery of the popular culture / Reuel Denney
- The doctrine of mass production / Eric Larrabee.