Impressed by light : British photographs from paper negatives, 1840-1860 /
|Published:||New York : Metropolitan Museum of Art ; Washington : National Gallery of Art ; New Haven : Yale University Press, c2007.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Photography and an age of paradox
- The formative years : the calotype in the 1840s
- The great exhibition of 1851
- Battling patents and gaining legitimacy
- The calotype finds its place
- Subjects fit for the camera
- British sensibilities 1855-1857
- Echoes of the grand tour
- Under an Indian sky
- Commercialism advances, the calotype declines.