Calculating the value of the Union : slavery, property rights, and the economic origins of the Civil War /
|Published:||Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, c2003.|
|Series:||Civil War America
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Slavery, property rights, and the American Revolution
- The origins of slaveholder aggressiveness
- Free labor and the competition of slaves
- The antislavery debate over property rights
- The constitutionality of slavery prohibition in the territories
- The politics of Southern upheaval, 1846-1853
- The Northern realignment, 1854-1860.