Race and the archaeology of identity /
|Published:||Salt Lake City : University of Utah Press, c2001.|
|Series:||Foundations of archaeological inquiry.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1.. Race and the Archaeology of Identity in the Modern World / Charles E. Orser Jr.
- 2.. "An Indolent Slothfull Set of Vagabonds": Ethnicity and Race in a Colonial Fur-Trading Community / Elizabeth M. Scott
- 3.. African American Medicine and the Social Relations of Slavery / Ywone Edwards-Ingram
- 4.. "A Separate House for the Christian Slaves, One for the Negro Slaves": The Archaeology of Race and Identity in Late Seventeenth-Century Virginia / Terrence W. Epperson
- 5.. Political Economy and Race: Comparative Archaeologies of Annapolis and New Orleans in the Eighteenth Century / Christopher N. Matthews
- 6.. The Archaeological Dimensions of Soul Food: Interpreting Race, Culture, and Afro-Virginian Identity / Maria Franklin
- 7.. Race, Identity, and Habermas's Lifeworld / Laurie A. Wilkie
- 8.. The Cult of Whiteness in Western New England / Robert Paynter
- 9.. Spirit Management among Americans of African Descent / Mark P. Leone and Gladys-Marie Fry and Timothy Ruppel
- 10.. Racializing the Parlor: Race and Victorian Bric-a-Brac Consumption / Paul R. Mullins
- 11.. Race, Missionaries, and the Struggle to Free Jamaica / James A. Delle
- 12.. Class, Race, and Identity among Free Blacks in the Antebellum South / Theresa A. Singleton
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.