Brazil : the once and future country /
"Lucid introduction to Brazil by leading US historian covers history, regional differences, social relations and popular culture, political history and contemporary political institutions through 1992, and economic development. Theme of frustrated potential reflects Brazilian mood of economic a...
|Published:||New York : St. Martin's Press, 1997.|
|Related Information:||Contributor biographical information |
Publisher description |
Table of contents |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: The Country of the Future?
- The Presence of the Past
- The Brazilian Archipelago
- Lusotropical Civilization
- Power and Patronage
- A Flawed Industrial Revolution
- Conclusion: The Once and Future Country
- Suggested Readings in English
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.