From Homer to Menander; forces in Greek poetic fiction.
|Published:||Berkeley, University of California Press, 1951.|
|Series:||Sather classical lectures ;
v. 23. |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1. The pattern of success: Homer's Odyssey
- 2. The tragic pattern of the Iliad
- 3. The social consciousness of Aeschylus
- 4. Sophoclean tragedy
- 5. uripidean tragedy
- 6. Propaganda, idealism, and romance
- 7. Vacillation, burlesque, and variety
- 8. The comedy of Menander
- 9. Aristotle and the philosophy of fiction.