The black Atlantic : modernity and double consciousness /
|Published:||Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 1993.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1. The Black Atlantic as a Counterculture of Modernity
- 2. Masters, Mistresses, Slaves, and the Antinomies of Modernity
- 3. "Jewels Brought from Bondage"Black Music and the Politics of Authenticity
- 4. "Cheer the Weary Traveller" / W. E. B. Du Bois, Germany, and the Politics of (Dis)placement
- 5. "Without the Consolation of Tears" / Richard Wright, France, and the Ambivalence of Community
- 6. "Not a Story to Pass On": Living Memory and the Slave Sublime
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.