Privacy, playreading, and women's closet drama, 1550-1700 /
|Published:||Cambridge, UK ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2004.|
|Related Information:||Publisher description |
Table of contents |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- List of illustrations
- 1. Privacy, playreading, and performance
- 2. Jane Lumley: humanist translation and the culture of playreading
- 3. Elizabeth Cary: "private" drama and print
- 4. Margaret Cavendish: the closing of the theatres and the politics of playreading
- 5. Anne Finch: authorship, privacy and the Restoration stage
- Conclusion: "closet" drama: private space, private stage, and gender
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.