The theatre of Sam Shepard : states of crisis /
|Published:||Cambridge, U.K ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1998.|
|Series:||Cambridge studies in American theatre and drama ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: states of crisis
- 1. Working out: the early plays, 1964-7
- 2. Kicking out: rock and ruin, 1967-72
- 3. Sorting out: an English interlude, 1971-4
- 4. Nightmares of the nation: improvizations and collaborations, 1976-9
- 5. Strychnine in the gut: Curse of the Starving Class (1977) and Buried Child (1978)
- 6. The real thing: True West (1980) and Fool for Love (1983)
- 7. Fire in the snow: two movies and A Lie of the Mind, 1984-88
- 8. Victory and loss: the nation in the '90s
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.