Democracy and civil society in Arab political thought : transcultural possibilities /
|Published:||Syracuse, N.Y. : Syracuse University Press, 2006.|
|Series:||Modern intellectual and political history of the Middle East
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Crossing the Arab democracy gap: toward the transcultural study of political concepts
- Democracy in the history of Arab and Islamic political thought
- The politics of translating civil society into Arabic
- Civil societies and Arab liberalisms
- Civil society in contemporary Islamist discourse
- The civil society debate and new trends in Arab socialist thought
- Gender and its absence in Arab debates over civil society
- Conclusion: transcultural possibilities.