Beyond the Gibson Girl : reimagining the American new woman, 1895-1915 /
|Published:||Urbana : University of Illinois Press, 2005.|
|Online Access:||Table of contents |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- List of Illustrations
- 1. Selling the American New Woman as Gibson Girl
- 2. Margaret Murray Washington, Pauline Hopkins, and the New Negro Woman
- 3. Incorporating the New Woman in Edith Wharton's: The Custom of the Country
- 4. Sui Sin Far and the Wisdom of the New
- 5. Mary Johnston, Ellen Glasgow, and the Evolutionary Logic of Progressive Reform
- 6. Willa Cather and the Fluid Mechanics of the New Woman
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.