Women and Victorian theatre /
Cambridge, U.K. ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- List of illustrations: Preface
- Part I. The Making of the Victorian Actress
- 1. 'Think of the power-'
- 2. Masculine panic and the panthers of the stage
- 3. Actresses, managers and feminized theatre
- Part II. Gender and Victorian Playwriting
- 4. The impossibility of women playwrights
- 5. Textual assaults: women's novels on stage
- 6. Victorian plays by women
- Part III. Revolution
- 7. Elizabeth Robins, Oscar Wilde and the 'Theatre of the Future'
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.