Fair play : the ethics of sport /
"Addressing both collegiate and professional sports, the updated edition of Fair Play: The Ethics of Sport explores the ethical presuppositions of competitive athletics and their connection both to ethical theory and to concrete moral dilemmas that arise in actual athletic competition. The addi...
|Published:||Boulder, CO : Westview Press, 2015.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. Introduction: The Ethics of Sport
- 2. Theories of Sport: Frameworks for Evaluation
- 3. Ethics in Competition: Cheating, Good Sports, and Tainted Victories
- 4. Drugs, Genes, and Enhancing Performance in Sport
- 5. Gender Equity in Sport: What Does Justice Require?
- 6. Sports on Campus: Intercollegiate Sports and Their Critics
- 7. The Commercialization of Sport: Marketing and Corruption in Competitive Athletics
- 8. Sport, Moral Education, and Social Responsibility
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.