Women writing about money : women's fiction in England, 1790-1820 /
|Published:||Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1995.|
|Series:||Cambridge studies in Romanticism
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. The general calamity: the want of money;
- 2. Gothic economics: the 1790s;
- 3. The gifts of heaven: consumer power, 1800-1820;
- 4. Shopping for signs: Jane Austen and the pseudo-gentry;
- 5. Picturing the heroine; The Lady's Magazine 1770-1820.
- 6. Fictions of employment: female accomplishments;
- 7. Writing for money: authors and heroines;
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.