Masters of American sculpture : the figurative tradition from the American renaissance to the millennium /
Examines the perceptions and theories of American figurative sculpture.
|Published:||New York : Abbeville Press, ©1993.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: the figurative tradition
- Beaux-arts symbiosis: architecture and the human figure
- A new perspective on the nature of public monuments
- Selected monuments to the great and the small
- Highlights of the equestrian monument in America
- Sentries, doughboys, and GI Joes
- Insights into the American portrait
- The art of the medal
- The first Americans remembered
- Everyday people doing everyday things
- Twentieth-century transfigurations.