The view from the ground : experiences of Civil War soldiers /
With an Afterword by Joseph T. Glatthaar The View from the Ground brings together the perspectives of Civil War soldiers on all aspects of the conflict, revealing as much about nineteenth-century America as it does about the war itself. The contributors investigate the issues engaged by soldiers dur...
|Published:||Lexington, Ky. : University Press of Kentucky, ©2007.|
|Series:||New directions in southern history.
|Online Access:||http://ezproxy.prin.edu:2048/login?url=https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/principiacollege/detail.action?docID=792188 |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- The blue and the gray in black and white : assessing the scholarship on Civil War soldiers / Aaron Sheehan-Dean
- A "vexed question" : white Union soldiers on slavery and race / Chandra Manning
- A brother's war : exploring Confederate perceptions of the enemy / Jason Phillips
- "The army is not near so much demoralized as the country is" : soldiers in the Army of Northern Virginia and the Confederate home front / Lisa Laskin
- "No nearer heaven now but rather farther off" : the religious compromises and conflicts of northern soldiers / David W. Rolfs
- "Strangers in a strange land" : Christian soldiers in the early months of the Civil War / Kent T. Dollar
- "A viler enemy in our rear" : Pennsylvania soldiers confront the North's antiwar movement / Timothy J. Orr
- Popular sovereignty in the Confederate Army : the case of Colonel John Marshall and the Fourth Texas Infantry Regiment / Charles E. Brooks
- "Is not the glory enough to give us all a share?" : an analysis of competing memories of the Battle of the Crater / Kevin M. Levin.