The Cambridge companion to the literature of the American South /
"Featuring essays written by an international team of experts, this Companion maps the dynamic literary landscape of the American South"-- Provided by publisher.
|Published:||Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, |
|Series:||Cambridge companions to literature.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: mapping the figurative South / Sharon Monteith
- 1. Region, genre, and the nineteenth-century South / Kathryn B. McKee
- 2. Slave narratives and neo-slave narratives / Judie Newman
- 3. Literature and the Civil War / Will Kaufman
- 4. Literature and Reconstruction / Scott Romine
- 5. Southern verse in poetry and song / Ernest Suarez
- 6. Southern modernists and modernity / David A. Davis
- 7. Poverty and progress / Sarah Robertson
- 8. The southern renaissance and the Faulknerian South / John T. Matthews
- 9. Southern women writers and their influence / Pearl McHaney
- 10. Hollywood dreaming: southern writers and the movies / Sarah Gleeson-White
- 11. Civil rights fiction / Sharon Monteith
- 12. Southern drama / Gary Richards
- 13. Queering the South / Michael Bibler
- 14. Immigrant writers: transnational stories of a 'worlded' South / Nahem Yousaf
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.