Frontier women : the trans-Mississippi West, 1840-1880 /
Chronicles the heroic achievements of America's frontier women.
|Published:||New York : Hill and Wang, 1979.|
|Series:||American century series.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Glimpses of western life
- Ladies have the hardest time, that emigrate by land
- A maid of all traids
- Am beginning to feel quite civilized
- The rarest commodity ... are women
- If polygamy is the Lord's order, we must carry it out
- Will she not overstep the bounds of propriety if she ventures into the arena of action?