The emerging Democratic majority /
"At the end of the 1960s, Kevin Phillips, battling conventional wisdom, correctly foretold the dawn of a new era. His book The Emerging Republican Majority became an indispensable guide for conservatives through the 1970s and 1980s - and, indeed, for all those attempting to understand political...
- Introduction: The Politics of Postindustrial America
- 1.. The Rise and Fall of the Conservative Republican Majority
- 2.. George McGovern's Revenge: Who's in the Emerging Democratic Majority
- 3.. The Geography of the New Majority
- 4.. The Politics of the Emerging Democratic Majority
- 5.. The Tenuous Case for a Republican Majority
- Conclusion: The Progressive Center
- Appendix. Data Sources
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.