The Holocaust : a new history /
This landmark work answers two of the most fundamental questions in history - how, and why, did the Holocaust happen? Laurence Rees has spent twenty-five years meeting survivors and perpetrators of the Holocaust. Now, in his magnum opus, he combines their enthralling eyewitness testimony, a large am...
|Published:||New York : Public Affairs, |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- List of Maps and Illustrations
- 1. Origins of Hate
- 2. Birth of the Nazis (1919-1923)
- 3. From Revolution to Ballot Box (1924-1933)
- 4. Consolidating Power (1933-1934)
- 5. The Nuremberg Laws (1934-1935)
- 6. Education and Empire-Building (1935-1938)
- 7. Radicalization (1938-1939)
- 8. The Start of Racial War (1939-1940)
- 9. Persecution in the West (1940-1941)
- 10. War of Extermination (1941)
- 11. The Road to Wannsee (1941-1942)
- 12. Search and Kill (1942)
- 13. Nazi Death Camps in Poland (1942)
- 14. Killing, and Persuading Others to Help (1942-1943)
- 15. Oppression and Revolt (1943)
- 16. Auschwitz (1943-1944)
- 17. Hungarian Catastrophe (1944)
- 18. Murder to the End (1944-1945)
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.