From Du Bois to Obama : African American intellectuals in the public forum /
|Published:||Carbondale : Southern Illinois University Press, c2010.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: What Is an African American Intellectual?
- 1. The Emergence of the Black Public Intellectual: Race, Class, and the Struggle against Racism
- 2. Black Intellectuals and the Quest for Legitimacy: Civil Rights, Black Power, and the Expenditure of Moral Capital
- 3. The Conservative Revolution and Its Impact on Afro America, 1980-1992
- 4. Popular Culture and the African American Intellectual Search for a New American Identity
- 5. A New Century and New Challenges: The Visibility of African American Intellectuals and the Construction of Diasporic Diversity
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.