Mr. Truman's war : the final victories of World War II and the birth of the postwar world /
"Robert Moskin's volume chronicles the first five months of Harry Truman's presidency, encompassing not only the destruction and defeat of the Axis Powers in Germany and Japan, but also the dropping of the first atomic bombs, the birth of the United Nations, the death of colonialism,...
|Published:||[Lawrence, Kan.] : University Press of Kansas, c2002.|
|Series:||Modern war studies.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- "Jesus Christ and General Jackson!"
- The man
- "Plowing a field with a mule"
- "The so recently arrogant enemies of mankind"
- First of all
- "The flags of freedom"
- Unconditional surrender
- France shall rise again
- Like running Jackson County
- "The architects of the better world"
- The shaping of postwar Europe
- Colonialism and nationalism
- Battle for a launching pad
- "The great American illusion"
- Ready to invade Japan
- "An opportunity to end this war"
- "Dimples eight two"
- opening the nuclear era
- "The day we have been waiting for"
- The shaping of postwar Asia
- "A victory of more than arms alone"
- "We stand on the threshold."