From Roosevelt to Truman : Potsdam, Hiroshima, and the Cold War /
|Published:||Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2007.|
|Online Access:||Table of contents only |
Publisher description |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1. Preparation: the making of an (American) internationalist
- 2. Inheritance: Franklin RooseveltÆs uncertain legacy
- 3. Initiation: tactical reversal, strategic continuity
- 4. Instruction: TrumanÆs advisers and their conflicting advice
- 5. Negotiation: Truman and Byrnes at Potsdam
- 6. Intimidation: Hiroshima, the Japanese and the Soviets
- 7. Indecision: floundering between collaboration and confrontation
- 8. Transformation: TrumanÆs foreign policy
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.