Daughters of Eve : a cultural history of French theater women from the Old Regime to the fin de siècle /
|Published:||Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 2001.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1. Setting the Scene
- 2. Theater Women and Aristocratic Libertinism, 1715-1789
- 3. Defining the Modern Gender Order, 1760-1815
- 4. Magdalenes of Postaristocratic France, 1815-1848
- 5. The Erotic Culture of the Stage
- 6. The Struggle against Pornocracy, 1848-1880
- 7. Imagining Republican Actresses, 1880-1914
- 8. Performing a Self
- 9. From Notorious Women to Intimate Strangers
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.