Mapping the private geography : autobiography, identity, and America /
|Published:||Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland, c2001.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- List of Abbreviations
- Introduction: American Identity: The Personal Is the Geographical
- Chapter 1. Definitional Dilemmas in Autobiography Studies: Self, Genre, and Place
- Chapter 2. Gertrude Stein's Everybody's Autobiography: The 1934-35 American Tour, a Landscape of Anxiety
- Chapter 3. Lillian Hellman's Scoundrel Time and the Ownership of Memory
- Chapter 4. Sam Shepard's Motel Chronicles: A Microcosmic America
- Conclusions: Joan Didion's "Places of the Mind"
- Chapter Notes
- Works Cited and Consulted
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.