Knocking at our own door : Milton A. Galamison and the struggle to integrate New York City schools /
|Published:||New York : Columbia University Press, c1997.|
|Series:||Columbia history of urban life
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Primary Sources
- Chapter 1. The Shaping of Milton Galamison
- Chapter 2. From Witherspoon to Siloam: The Making of a Militant Pastor
- Chapter 3. The NAACP Years
- Chapter 4. The Parents' Workshop For Equality in New York City Schools
- Chapter 5. The First City-Wide School Boycott
- Chapter 6. The Second School Boycott and the End of the Movement
- Chapter 7. The People's Board of Education, Ocean Hill-Brownsville, and the Last Hurrah
- Chapter 8. Conclusion
- Appendix: Superintendents during the School Integration Struggle
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.