Discrepant engagement : dissonance, cross-culturality, and experimental writing /
|Published:||Cambridge [England] ; New York, NY, USA : Cambridge University Press, 1993.|
|Series:||Cambridge studies in American literature and culture
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1.. Introduction: And All the Birds Sing Bass
- 2.. The Changing Same: Black Music in the Poetry of Amiri Baraka
- 3.. To Define An Ultimate Dimness: The Poetry of Clarence Major
- 4.. The World-Poem in Microcosm: Robert Duncan's "The Continent"
- 5.. Uroboros: Robert Duncan's Dante and A Seventeenth Century Suite
- 6.. Robert Creeley's The Gold Diggers: Projective Prose
- 7.. That Words Can Be on the Page: The Graphic Aspect of Charles Olson's Poetics
- 8.. New Series I (Folk Series): Edward Kamau Brathwaite's New World Trilogy
- 9.. Limbo, Dislocation, Phantom Limb: Wilson Harris and the Caribbean Occasion
- 10.. Poseidon (Dub Version)
- 11.. The Unruly Pivot: Wilson Harris's The Eye of the Scarecrow
- 12.. The Imagination of Justice: Wilson Harris's Ascent to Omai
- 13.. Sound and Sentiment, Sound and Symbol
- 14.. On Edge
- 15.. Other: From Noun to Verb
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.