Not alms but opportunity : the Urban League & the politics of racial uplift, 1910-1950 /
|Published:||Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, c2008.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1. The Ideological Origins of the Urban League
- Chapter 2. Community Development and Housing, 1910-1932
- Chapter 3. Vocational Training, Employment, and Job Placements, 1910-1932
- Chapter 4. Labor Unions, Social Reorganization, and the Acculturation of Black Workers, 1910-1932
- Chapter 5. Vocational Guidance and Organized Labor, 1933-1940
- Chapter 6. Employment from the March on Washington Movement to the Pilot Placement Project, 1940-1950
- Chapter 7. Housing and Neighborhood Work in the Age of the Welfare State, 1933-1950
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.