The Committee on Ways and Means : a bicentennial history 1789-1989 /
|Series:||House document (United States. Congress. House) ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1641-1789, Antecedents: legislative finance Committees in Great Britain and America
- 1789-1801, Origins: the House Committee of Ways and Means
- 1801-1829, The Jefferson Republican Committee
- 1829-1861, Apropriations, banking, and the tariff
- 1861-1865, financing the Civil War
- 1865-1890, The Gilded Age Committee
- 1890-1933, Reform and revenue
- 1933-1959, from the New Deal to the Cold War
- 1959-1975, the Mills Committee
- 1975-1989, the Post-Reform Committee.