The great silent army of abolitionism : ordinary women in the antislavery movement /
|Published:||Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, c1998.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1. Recruiting Women into the Cause
- Chapter 2. Antislavery Societies the 1830s
- Chapter 3. Persisting in the Cause the 1840s and 1850s
- Chapter 4. Women Confront Their Churches and the World of Politics
- Chapter 5. Crisis and Confidence the 1850s
- Chapter 6. Emancipation at Last
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.