On Hollywood : the place, the industry /
"Why is the U.S. motion picture industry concentrated in Hollywood and why does it remain there in the age of globalization? Allen Scott uses the tools of economic geography to explore these questions and to provide a number of highly original answers. The conceptual roots of his analysis go ba...
|Published:||Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press, c2005.|
|Related Information:||Publisher description |
Table of contents only |
Contributor biographical information |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Chapter 1. Preliminary Arguments: Culture, Economy, and the City
- Chapter 2. Origins and Early Growth of the Hollywood Motion Picture Industry
- Chapter 3. A New Map of Hollywood
- Chapter 4. The Other Hollywood: Television Program Production
- Chapter 5. Dream Factories: Studios, Soundstages, and Sets
- Chapter 6. The Digital Visual Effects Industry
- Chapter 7. Local Labor Markets in Hollywood
- Chapter 8. Hollywood in America and the World: Distribution and Markets
- Chapter 9. Cinema, Culture, Globalization
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.