Refiguring melodrama in film and television captive affects, elastic sufferings, vicarious objects /
|Published:||Lanham : Lexington Books, 2013.|
|Online Access:||Online version : Lake Forest College full text. Accessible anywhere on Lake Forest College campus or with a College login.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: the outwitted critic
- Modalities of melodrama
- Affect, affection, affectation
- Diagnosing suffering
- Trafficking in sacred objects
- Sacrifice and the animal melodrama
- The excesses of the posthuman melodrama
- The outside and the coincidence machine
- Conclusion: tragedy and melodrama.