The King years : historic moments in the civil rights movement /
This work includes selections from the America in the King Years trilogy with new introductions by the author. The essential moments of the Civil Rights Movement are set in historical context by the Pulitzer Prize winning author of the America in the King Years trilogy which includes Parting the Wa...
|Published:||New York : Simon & Schuster, 2013.|
|Edition:||1st Simon & Schuster hardcover ed.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- The Montgomery Bus Boycott: Martin Luther King's first public address, 1955
- Sit-ins and the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), 1960
- Freedom rides I: the Nashville initiative, 1961
- Freedom rides II: MLK, the Kennedys, and national politics, 1961
- Bob Moses, SNCC, and Mississippi, 1960-63
- A national firestorm from Birmingham, 1963
- The March on Washington, 1963
- Birmingham church bombing, 1963
- Freedom summer, 1964
- Party realignment: the Cow Palace and Atlantic City, 1964
- King, J. Edgar Hoover, and the Nobel Peace Prize, 1964
- Crossroads in Selma, 1965
- Crossroads in Vietnam: LBJ and MLK, 1965
- Nonviolence goes north: King in Chicago, 1966
- Black power, 1966
- Race and war: King at the Riverside Church, 1967
- Poverty: the last crusade, 1967-68
- Requiem in Memphis, 1968
- Looking back, and ahead.