Back channel to Cuba : the hidden history of negotiations between Washington and Havana /
|Published:||Chapel Hill : The University of North Carolina Press, 2015.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- INTRODUCTION: Rebuilding Bridges
- EISENHOWER: Patience and Forbearance
- KENNEDY: The Secret Search for Accommodation
- JOHNSON: Castro Reaches Out
- NIXON AND FORD: Kissinger's Caribbean Détente
- CARTER: Close, but No Cigar
- REAGAN AND BUSH: Diplomatic Necessity
- CLINTON: From Calibrated Response to Parallel Positive Steps
- GEORGE W. BUSH: Turning Back the Clock
- OBAMA: A New Beginning
- INTIMATE ADVERSARIES, POSSIBLE FRIENDS; EPILOGUE: Cutting the Shackles of the Past: A Back-Channel Success.