Homo deus : a brief history of tomorrow /
"Over the past century humankind has managed to do the impossible and rein in famine, plague, and war. This may seem hard to accept, but, as Harari explains in his trademark style--thorough, yet riveting--famine, plague and war have been transformed from incomprehensible and uncontrollable forc...
|Published:||New York, NY : Harper, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, 2017.|
|Edition:||First U.S. edition.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. The New Human Agenda
- Part I. Homo Sapiens Conquers the World
- 2. The Anthropocene
- 3. The Human Spark
- Part II. Homo Sapiens Gives Meaning to the World
- 4. The Storytellers
- 5. The Odd Couple
- 6. The Modern Covenant
- 7. The Humanist Revolution
- Part III. Homo Sapiens Loses Control
- 8. The Time Bomb in the Laboratory
- 9. The Great Decoupling
- 10. The Ocean of Consciousness
- 11. The Data Religion
- Image credits
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.